Sunday, May 9, 2010

Charlie's Lullaby (song)


words and music: Larry Nicholson
guitar and vocal: larry
drum, bass keyboard, background vocal: Kristi Haavisto
violin: Jessica Deutsch
(produced and recorded by Kristi at1st Nations Longhouse, UBC)

welcome to the world dear
it's warm beside you dear
with mama in the sky dear
and heaven down here on earth dear

you called out my name love
in my sleep where you came love
the wild and the tame love
i look and they're one and the same love

you brought rain to the sky dear
i'm happy to cry dear
i'll never know why dear
that you came all this way just for me dear

you're free like the bird child
you are the prayer that was heard child
i know not the word child
for the light that you brought to the world child

called out my name love
in my sleep where you came love
the wild and the tame love
i look and they're one and the same love...

© 2010 Champsteen Publishing

1 comment: