Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Peace Hills (song)


words and music: larry nicholson



peace hills gave life and breath to me
in these fields low on the plains
i am running with the river
till the peace hills call me again

across the way the far-off mountains
they say beyond lies the sea
if i never cross those mountains
kiss those ocean shores for me

this stony life took my family
i’m told they wait on a distant shore
so i’m going cross those mountains
and i’ll search again no more

it’s this torch i hold above me
all who pass will know my face
in the storm that ever greets me
i take shelter i find grace

when the last wind comes a-blowin’
and that plain is all you see
peace hills call me from forever
storm and grace and is all there be



© 2010 Champsteen Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment