Friday, October 15, 2010

Raining Again (The Pissing Song)


words and music by Larry Nicholson


well there’s whole list of grievance
baby and it’s ten miles long
when she kissed me on the cheek
I shoulda known that there was something wrong
there’s size 12 boots underneath her bed
my vagabond shoes are only tens instead
she’s pissing on my back and telling me that it’s raining again
that it’s raining again

I called up the DJ
said he’d play my favorite tune
stayed up all night drawing flies and staring at the moon
at the crack of dawn there’s nothing but dead air
signed off in the morning saying: laissez-fair!
they're pissing on my back and tell me that it’s raining again
that it’s raining again

they keep throwing sinkers
just like you throw a dog a bone
you scratch their back
but when it hits the fan you’re all alone


when the mortgage man winked
I put my name upon the dotted line
I got the keys to the mansion
I’m payin’ for my peace of mind
when the meltdown hit they said: you’re outta luck
I’m sleeping by the river in my pickup truck
they're pissing on my back and telling me that’s it’s raining again
that it’s raining again

preacher man said he loved me
said he’d take away my sin
for 10 hail marys
and all my money for the tin
St Peter shook his head and then he sent me back
now im reaching for a rifle straight up off the rack
they keep pissing on my back and tell me that’s it’s raining again
that it’s raining again


© 2010 Champsteen Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment