Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Game (song)



this recording made when I was 19 or 20...one of the first two songs I ever wrote...which means I've been writing and singing bad songs for nigh on 26 years!

Yesterday, in court details released from a plagiarism trial involving Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, it was revealed that the song Stairway To Heaven has so far earned $526 million dollars - that's from ONE SONG!!!...so you see, as I've been saying for as long as I can remember, all I need is one hit.

...this probably ain't it.

I wrote the song  - I'm singing and playing acoustic, Ben's bass and background vocals, John's on electric guitar and Jason's on drums.


The Game

There's a picture of you in my head
that'll never fade
and your voice plays like a record
over and over again
 when you look into my eyes can you
see what might have been
this game that we keep playin'
we'll never win...

When it hits the fan it seems like
I'm always to blame
when the sun is shining for you 
you don't remember my name
if there's room in your heart for me
I wish you'd let me know
you always say that you're thinkin' of me
but it doesn't show...

(chorus)
I play the game and you pull my chain
either way, baby, it's always the same
you make the rules and I play the fool for you
I play the fool...


© 2016 Champsteen Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment